Sunday, October 5, 2008

Christmas and Sprinklers

Sean and I had to go to Lowe's the other day because I broke the toilet seat. Long story short it was left up and so I was putting it down and dropped it and it split in two. Anyways, so we were at Lowe's and all of their Christmas decorations are already up. They had less then half of a row dedicated to both Thanksgiving and Halloween and then almost a quarter of the store dedicated to Christmas. Now I love Christmas and love decorating for it but I think that it shouldn't be done until after Thanksgiving (the day after Thanksgiving to be exact.) I just think it's ridiculous that Christmas decorations were being put up in September. Halloween and Thanksgiving should get their proper recognition but every year it get cut shorter and shorter thanks to stores that put out the Christmas decorations so early. One year in the future Christmas decorations are never going to be taken down in the stores it's going to be Christmas year round.
I have only one more thing that has been on my mind bugging me. Yesterday, in Utah, it rained all day long. Sean and I decided to go for a drive and while we were out I saw 15 businesses/ homes that had their sprinklers on. All year long we hear about not wasting water but on the one day that we get a good rainfall everyone decides they need their sprinklers on also. I do have to say that most people put their sprinklers on timers so they could have forgotten but can you honestly tell me that you didn't hear your sprinklers turn on. I think people are to lazy to walk outside and turn them off.
I'm sorry that you have to read through my complaints but I think that they are two things that need to be addressed.

3 comments:

Tawna said...

I agree on both accounts!

Kylie said...

AMEN!!!...we all need to go play again sometime

Becca said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! I agree with Kylie!