These past two weeks my life has been absolutely crazy. To make sure everyone understands why I need to explain. I am an elementary education major and I am in my 2nd semester in the program. In the 2nd and 3rd semesters you get a chance to go into the elementary schools and work with the students for a whole month. For that month however you only have one or two classes that are still going. For all 7 other classes that end though the professors crams the semester into a 2 month block so we pretty much have finished class before we leave for the schools. Well my time has come!! Tomorrow I am finally going into the schools. I am so excited to get to go and work with the kids. I have been place in a 1st grade classroom at Sage Creek Elementary School.
I do apologize for not writing these past few week but I hope that you understand why now. This sadly also means that I will not be able to do my Thursday posts anymore, not that I have been keeping on them anyways. Every Monday and Wednesday I will be at the elementary school from 8am until about 12 and then I will go back to BYU for my Math class and finish off at 3... just in time to start writing my paper for the next day. On Tuesdays I will go from 8am until 3:30 and then I will race back to BYU for my 4:00 class and I will finish at 7. On Thursdays and Fridays I stay at the school until 4 and because they are my only two days I don 't have class right afterword I have to do all homework and prepare my lessons.
Anyways I will try and keep all of you updated on how things are going in the schools... but I'm not promising anything.
One last thing with this semester quickly coming to an end I just wanted you all to know I ONLY HAVE 3 SEMESTERS LEFT AND I GRADUATE!!! That's right I am going to graduate in less then 1 year!! I can finally see the light and going into the schools is only (hopefully) reinforce why I want to be a teacher.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Thursday Post on a Tuesday, What's going on?
Posted by Ta'Mera at 11:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment