After much anticipation and stress I was offered a job on Friday the 13th. I had an interview on Thursday at Sprucewood Elementary in Sandy and I thought the interview went fabulous. I was extremely nervous and for some reason Thursday was one of the longest days of my life. It went by so slowly and nothing I did seemed to speed it up. Friday morning I had another interview and so I showed up, interviewed and started to leave the building when my phone started to ring. The phone number on the Caller ID wasn't really a phone number at all it said was 801-67 so I didn't have a clue who it was. I answered the phone and on the other line came the voice of a man, before he could even finish introducing himself I knew who it was. He told me he wanted to discuss the position a little more with me and then he offered me the job. I don't even think I let him finish before I was excitedly saying I would be more than happy to accept the job. We talked for a couple of minutes he gave me times of training and the small information that I needed and then he told me he would see me on Tuesday. I was so excited that I called Sean (even though I knew he was trying to sleep) and the second he answered I said, in the calmest voice I could find (which was still pretty much a scream,) I GOT THE JOB!! Sean and I talked for a couple of seconds and then I let him go back to sleep.
I did my student teaching at this school and so I know many of the faculty and students. I love the school environment and the community. My position is in the 6th grade at a traditional elementary school in Sandy. The difference between this job and most other 6th grade jobs is that I only have to teach language arts to my class and then I teach Social Studies to the entire 6th grade. They try to prepare the students for JR High by having them switch teachers.
I am SOOOOO excited to start teaching and to work with 6th graders.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
A Job!
Posted by Ta'Mera at 6:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. However I do miss working with you at the events. Have a great year. Does this mean that you get to go school shopping like the kids??
Yay! I am so excited for you! You are going to be a great teacher. All of that praying has paid off:)
Post a Comment