Yesterday was just a relaxing Sunday. We went to the movies and saw The Last Air Bender, went to a town beach and walked along the sound and then went back to the house and had homemade tortellini and steak. I have to say that my mother-in-law makes the best tortellini ever. During dinner Hayden (my stud of a brother-in-law) was told that he had to eat his veggies before we could leave to get ice cream, so he ate the broccoli with no problem and then came to the water chestnuts and had the hardest time eating them. He only had three and we sat there for probably 20 minutes laughing as he would eat one and then hold it in his mouth refusing to swallow. We were laughing so hard as we were waiting that we totally forgot about getting ice cream until we noticed that the sun was setting and we were being eating alive by bugs. (Hayden I know that you are mad at me now for posting about this but you'll thank me in 15 or 20 years when we are laughing about this memory because I wrote it down.)
The beach that we walked along was amazing. There was a slight sea breeze that smelled of salt and the sound of the small waves crashing against the rocks were so cool. I haven't been to a beach in almost 10 years and this was truly an awesome experience. At the beach we were at you could see Long Island, NY off in the distance (which I'm totally excited to go see on Saturday.)
I was just informed I needed to explain what a town beach is so here it goes: because Connecticut coastline is covered in houses and rocks the few places that there are actually sand have been deemed town beaches and only residence of that town can go there. There are state beaches that you can go to but they are crowed and you have to pay money to get into them.
That's all for now but I'll be back tomorrow with more stories and photos so hold tight.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Day 2 Connecticut
Posted by Ta'Mera at 5:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Are you still in CT? It's a lovely place huh? And I totally think that the beaches in Rhode Island are better, where you actually swim in the ocean instead of the sound. I wish we could've planned to get together or something, I love familiar faces!!
I wish I could have seen you while I was there it would have been really nice. I came home on the 18th so no I'm not there anymore. How was your trip to UT?
Post a Comment