Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 1 Connecticut

So the first day of being in Connecticut was amazing. The humidity isn't as bad as other places I've been; and my skin is so soft, my hair on the other hand is so frizzy that I don't think I'll be able to wear it in anything but a ponytail. For the most part of the day we just relaxed at the house, went for a walk in the woods that surround the house, and picked wild raspberries. At the end of the day we went to a place called Sailfest, which is just a fair with venders and rides, it was almost exactly like the fairs in Utah except a few slight difference:

1. They have boats everywhere- small boat and pirate boats LOTS of boats
2. They sell seafood at some of the venders (fish, crab, crabcakes, etc)
3. The fair is on the waterfront
4. The fireworks at the end of the night are shot from a barge in the middle of the Sound (water)

We met up with two other families and all watched the fireworks together. The fireworks were awesome (probably because I wasn't trying to work while I tried to watch it, not that that is a bad way to watch them ;)) There were two barges with fireworks that were timed to give the exact same show at the exact same time and we could see both show.

Sean was on camera duty and so all the photos come from him.
(Sean just informed me that my father-in-law took a couple of photos using our camera so I guess I'd better give credit to him seeing how I don't know what photos are his doing.)

This beautiful boat was built in 1989 in Brazil by an Italian Family and then towed over to Georgia. In 2000 it was then bought by the Twelve Tribes and they now show it all over the world. Here is the whole story of the boat.



The first picture is at sunset, I thought there were a lot of boats but then the closer it got to the show the more the water filled up with boats. In the second picture all the lights are boats. I wish I could have taken a picture of all the boats during the show. There were so many boats that there was a traffic jam and the coast guard had to do traffic direction.



I'm the one in the purple shirt laying down (for some reason my legs were freezing), my mother-in-law is sitting next to me, and my two brother-in-laws are next to her. Sean and his step father are the ones taking the pictures.



The barge wasn't very far away from us and so the sounds of the fireworks were EXTREMELY loud.


I took a million pictures of the fireworks but I'll just post one to show you the double show (totally cool)

0 comments: