Monday, September 14, 2009

Blast from the Past

I was on my friends blog earlier and in one of her post she decided to go back and remember some of her favorite posts from the past. I thought that this would be fun and so I am going to write this post almost exactly as she has. You pick three posts from at least 5 months ago and you either give an update on the post or you comment on how you feel reading something from the past. You probably think that it sounds to easy... well to pick those 3 posts you need to look in your archive and pick one post from your birthday month, the month of your favorite holiday, and finally a month of your choice. You cannot read through all of the posts from those months you have to scroll down and where ever you stop is the post you do.
Here I go:

The first one I have chosen is from my birthday month Last year (August if you were wondering)
The whole summer I had been really busy and so I was catching everyone up on what had been happening during the summer. So the one I landed on was my May post. That was such a fun vacation; Sean and I got in our car one day and just drove and we ended up visiting so many different places and different people. I wish that we had enough time to do that more often.

My Second post comes from January (I would have chosen December but I didn't post in December.) I scrolled down and I landed on our Christmas Vacation post. It was short and made me laugh. I love looking at the old photos and remembering how fun it was in Vegas. I also remember the record snow storm and how Vegas drivers can't drive in the snow. An update on that post is that Sean no longer works for Dish. He switched jobs to welding for a company that fixes mining equipment.

For my third choice I actually closed my eyes and landed on October 2008. When I was scrolling I hit a post call Christmas and Sprinklers. This subject is still very dear to my heart. It has been almost a year sense this post and I am still getting upset over the whole Christmas decoration issue. In fact the other day I went to Home Depot (September 11th to be exact) and what do you think I saw... not Christmas decorations. I saw 5 rows of nothing but emptiness, when I asked the cashier what was happening she told me that they were getting ready to put up the Christmas decoration. Last year they put the decorations up towards the end of September this year as always they've moved it up and they've now put them up at the beginning of September. PLEASE STOP I want to enjoy Christmas but 4 months of Christmas decorations kind of kills it.

Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed my Blast from the Past and I encourage you to do the same thing. Not only does this allow you to see where you have come in your blogging it also is really funny to read old posts and reminisce on what happened.

0 comments: